3.30.2009

praying today's psalm: psa 50

“Hear, O my people, and I will speak,
O Israel, and I will testify against you:
I am God, your God.
I do not rebuke you for your sacrifices
Or your burnt offerings, which are ever before me.
I have no need of a bull from your stall
Or of goats from your pens,
For every animal of the forest is mine,
And the cattle on a thousand hills.
I know every bird in the mountains,
And the creatures of the field are mine.
If I were hungry I would not tell you,
For the world is mine, and all that is in it.
Do I eat the flesh of bulls
Or drink the blood of goats?
Sacrifice thank offerings to God,
Fulfill your vows to the Most High,
And call upon me in the day of trouble;
I will deliver you, and you will honor me.”

(Psa 50:7-15, NIV)

Father, you have no need of us. We are foolish to think that we have anything to offer you. We need you, and you want us. You give all things as a grace—a gift. Let us be thankful for everything. You are holy. Let us not be unfaithful in our promises to you. You are willing and able. Let us call for your help. Father, we are needy, and you are not. Let us come before you in that understanding. Remove from us any mistaken notion that we have anything to offer you except our love, thanksgiving, and trust. Remove from us the pride that keeps us from humbling ourselves before you. Amen Amen

No comments: