3.22.2009

praying today's psalm: psa 42:1-4

As the deer pants for streams of water,
So my soul pants for you, O God.
My soul thirsts for God, for the living God.
When can I go and meet with God?

My tears have been my food
Day and night,
While men say to me all day long,
“Where is your God?”

These things I remember
As I pour out my soul:
How I used to go with the multitude,
Leading the procession to the house of God,
With shouts of joy and thanksgiving
Among the festive throng.
(Ps 42:1-4, NIV)


Father, that your people would yearn for your presence like this. Forgive us our divided appetites. Forgive us for being far too easily satisfied. People ask us "Where is your God?" but I am not sure it is for the same reason. For your name sake, set right our desires. May we hunger for your presence. May we find delight in you. Amen Amen

No comments: